SkinCeuticals Serum 10 AOX Vitamin C Serum for Sensitive Skin 30mL
Ideal for sensitive skin types or those new to vitamin C antioxidant serum, Serum 10 utilises 10% pure vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid) and 0.2% ferulic acid to help neutralise damaging free radicals that contribute to atmospheric skin ageing – environmental damage and premature signs of ageing caused by free radicals from environmental exposure. In addition to providing the benefits of vitamin C, this antioxidant serum also helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Neutralises damaging free radicals caused by environmental aggressors
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and helps restore healthy-looking skin
- Paraben-, fragrance-, alcohol-, and dye-free
- Ideal as an introductory antioxidant serum for all skin types, including sensitive
- Studies show that when formulated properly (as all SkinCeuticals antioxidants are), a 10% concentration of L-ascorbic acid is readily absorbed by the skin.
- This lightweight antioxidant serum combines 0.2% ferulic acid with 10% pure vitamin C (l-ascorbic acid) for enhanced antioxidant performance. It is formulated under the Duke Antioxidant patent. Vitamin C is a highly-potent antioxidant that is, by its structure has, difficultly being to effectively absorbed by deliver on skin.The Duke Antioxidant patent describes outlines the formulation parameters required for effective delivery of vitamin C to skin:
1) pure l-ascorbic acid (vitamin C);
2) an acidic pH within the 2.0-3.5 pH range and;
3) a concentration between 10%-20%.
- This day serum is formulated with 0.2% ferulic acid and 10% L-ascorbic acid (Vitamin C). Potent inclusions of these antioxidants provides protection to ageing, acne-prone and sensitive skin.
The compound structure of molecules in skin become unstable when a healthy atom loses an electron. Unstable atoms – called free radicals – are motivated by external stressors like UV rays and pollution. Without being addressed, free radicals can cause a breakdown in skin DNA, exacerbating ageing, skin sensitivity and breakouts.
An L-ascorbic acid serum applies antioxidants to skin, which provide electrons back to atoms, neutralising free radicals and providing stability to skin chemistry. Daily use of a Vitamin C antioxidant serum will visibly reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and restore clarity to skin.
How to use:
In the morning after cleansing, apply 4-5 drops of this antioxidant serum to a dry face, neck, and chest before other skincare products.
May also be used on backs of the hands.
It is normal for vitamin C products to darken after opening due to air and light exposure.
The formula will remain effective.
Once opened, it is recommended to be used within 3 months of opening.
Complete your regimen with a SkinCeuticals sunscreen.
When used together, SkinCeuticals antioxidants and broad spectrum sunscreens provide more comprehensive protection against visible ageing caused by environmental aggressors.
- 10% L-ascorbic acid: Lauded for its superior antioxidant benefits, this highly potent form of pure vitamin C helps neutralise free radicals and protect against oxidative stress while providing visible anti-ageing benefits.
- 0.2% ferulic acid: A plant-based antioxidant, ferulic acid neutralises free radicals and enhances the antioxidant benefits and stability of vitamins C.
740001 1 – AQUA/WATER/EAU, ASCORBIC ACID, ETHOXYDIGLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, ZINC SULFATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, PANTHENOL, FERULIC ACID, SODIUM HYALURONATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, D32621/4.
Please be aware that ingredient lists for the products of our brand are updated regularly. Please refer to the ingredient list on your product package for the most up to date list of ingredients to ensure it is suitable to your personal use.